Baby Benson decided to join us Early morning of December 29th.
Leif and I had went to the hospital on the Sunday 27th as my water broke. I was confused as there was no pain or contractions. Leif convinced me to call the Hospital. They advised us to come in and get checked out. We arrived and they confirmed that my water had broke. They finally admitted us after 2 1/2 hours of being in triage. They told us to rest and lets see what happens. How do you really rest knowing that you are going to be having this little baby sooner or in our case later. We rested as much as we could. In the morning, there was no progression so we walked and walked and walked some more. Then we tried the jacuzzi bath. Nothing seemed to help get the process going. Finally they told us that it was time to start the Pictocin drip. It was a very slow and long progression. I finally started having contractions after hours of the pictocin. However, it was not going anywhere fast. They finally checked out where we were and we were only dialated to 1 1/2. They continued to up the pictocin. I finally came to the point where I needed Pain Reliever. They gave me something but it really didn't help that much. They suggested that I get in the bath again and relieve the pressure. Which it did, but the baby's heart rate dropped. I then had to get out of the tub and they stopped the pictocin and re-assessed the situation. After hour or so they started the pictocin again, and once again when they started the increase the baby's heart rate dropped. The pictocin was stopped and baby was re-assessed with more monitoring. It appeared he didn't really want to come. Finally after 24 hours of being at the hospital the Dr came in and gave us the option of doing the epidural and starting pictocin and seeing what happens but if baby was stressed a c-section would need to be done on an emergent basis or we could just opt for the c-section. Me being the planner decided to go with the c-section. I rathered it be in a controlled environment as oppose to emergency situation.
Juda Parker blessed us with is presence at 1:23am on December 29th. He weighed 6lbs & 8oz and was 19 1/2 inches long.
Juda is one week old today.
Much Love and Many Smiles!!!

He Is so beautiful!! Love Shannon
ReplyDeleteHe is just gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy Mommyhood!
xoxo~Jen
I Love him already!
ReplyDelete