
Holy Holiday Season is an understatement. Our Holiday season started when Juda and I flew back to Indiana on the 10th of November.

While we were home, we celebrated an early Thanksgiving with the Wright Family. I have not been home for a Thanksgiving Holiday since I moved to the Northwest. That was 11 years ago.

It was everything that I remembered. LOTS of Food and Family. I wouldn't want it any other way either.

After our trip to Indiana, we celebrated on the Thanksgiving at the Sue and Marv's home. I even showed off my culinary skills by cooking the turkey and stuffing. I know that I loved it and I am pretty sure everyone else did too.

It seemed like December approached us the next day.

Juda went to the Crawford's to pick out our Christmas tree. Ron and Lynn are good friends of Marvin and Sue's. When Leif was younger, the Benson's and Crawford's had a tradition of going and picking out their Christmas trees together. Now they have their own little Christmas tree farm on their property. They always have the best trees and deal.

Leif's sister Erika arrived on the 23rd of December from South Korea. She had brought three of her students with her; Alice, Elizabeth and Sunny. They were fun girls.

Juda absolutely loved them and they adored him too. Sunny had told me that Juda was her favorite baby she met here. He's a little charmer. Soo was Keegan... I think he had a crush on all of them.
On Christmas morning we woke up to helping Santa out. Leif and I were exhausted once we got home Christmas Eve at 1:00 in the morning. We both passed out.

I know this is the last year that Santa can fizzle out before the little one awaking Christmas morning. Juda was still sleepy when Leif took him out to the living room. We showed him the spinning race car track he got.

He immediately clung to his dad and was about to tear up. It is loud with bright flashing lights. Way to overstimulating for the little guy at that moment. I thought to myself "how crazy!" I had read in 2 different magazines that this was the toy of the year and Juda was like, 'forget that'. Now it is one of his favorite new toys.

Next Leif, Juda and I headed to Sue and Marv's for a fun filled Christmas day. Including brunch, presents, cocktails, and a big ham dinner.

I also got a surprise call on Christmas eve that Santa was bringing my mommy to our home on the 26th. Overall, it was one of the best holiday season we could have asked for.
Love and Light,
Spring and the crew
No comments:
Post a Comment